HBC Members…WE NEED YOUR HELP
This is Marilyn Chastek with the Three Creek Century Committee (TCC)
I'm going to be honest…we're in a tough situation this year. With the ongoing concerns about the pandemic and what we're all watching happen in other parts of the state and nation, the TCC Committee has decided to move to a Virtual event. Quite frankly, we don't know what September will bring, and with the regional nature of the event, we have to put the health of riders and volunteers first.
What that means, however, is that despite our best efforts we are expecting a large drop off in participation. Because we rely on this event for much of our fundraising, that in turns puts additional pressures on HBC.
So we are asking HBC members to please support the Virtual Three Creek Century as best you are able -- please sign up to participate. Encourage your friends to do so as well.
You can sign up by going to www.threecreekcentury.com. If you have ideas or suggestions on how to make this work -- or make it work better -- please, share them with us. None of us have organized a virtual ride in the midst of a pandemic before, so we're all ears.
Here are the basics:
- Registration will remain at $30 and will include a free gift. Children under 18 years old are only $5.00 (no gift included).
- The first 100 registrants will receive a complimentary neck gaiter from Donegal Insurance Group.
- Individuals and small groups will still be able to enjoy the beautiful routes you know and love anytime from Sept. 5-20.
- Roads will be marked to make following the course a breeze.
- Registered riders will receive cue sheets, maps and GPS downloads by email prior to the event.
- As the Three Creek Century is the Harrisburg Bicycle Club’s largest source of funds, your support is greatly appreciated and will help support HBC and its outreach projects.
- Registration for the virtual event is now open! Invite your friends and have a safe and enjoyable ride!
To register or for information about the virtual ride and the new format, follow this link: www.threecreekcentury.org
Volunteers Are Still Needed to Help With the Virtual Three Creek Century
We need volunteers to help with marking roads and checking/sweeping the road cues. Please contact Dan Christ email@example.com if you can donate a few hours of your time. Checking and sweeping the routes can be done while riding your bike, so that’s a win-win!
We are also looking for people who are willing to lead small group rides for registered riders. You can choose the date, time and route. We will let members know the schedule once it is set. The Virtual Century dates are Sept. 5-20. Please contact Marilyn Chastek if you are willing to lead a ride. Mchastek2009@gmail.com